As the semester comes to a close, the Executive Board wishes everyone a strong finish, a safe & restful break, and a wonderful start to the new year. If your holidays are still to come, a festive and fulfilling season to all.
In this month’s email, we include information on:
1) New Website and Email (very important!)
2) Elections Committee Update
3) Member Meeting Date
1) The UAFP is happy to share that we have a new website and general email. The website address is uafp.net. Our new email to reach the executive board and for all general correspondence is now firstname.lastname@example.org. We anticipate that you will like the new, improved design and that you will find it more user friendly. Please take a look and email us with any comments, concerns, or suggestions.
2) From the Elections Committee:
Hello, Pace Adjuncts and Part-time Instructors!
We are writing today to introduce ourselves as your UAFP 2022 Elections Committee.
We – UAFP members representing both Pace campuses and several of Pace’s schools, long-time Pace profs and new members of the contingent faculty – volunteered to facilitate the UAFP’s spring 2022 elections because we believe a vibrant union is critical to adjuncts’ and part-time instructors’ well-being. And, because adjuncts and part-time instructors teach the majority of classes at Pace, our well-being fuels Pace students’ success.
A few dates to jot down for the UAFP 2022 Elections:
January 24 — An election overview will be sent to all members
February 23 — Last day to turn in nomination forms with ten signatures of members in good standing (write to email@example.com to get a nomination form, write to firstname.lastname@example.org to see if you are in good standing)
Late March — Candidates’ platforms circulated, Zoom meet-the-candidates events
April 4-8 — UAFP 2022 elections week
Please see below for election committee member bios and photos.
We are all excited to be your 2022 UAFP elections committee and look forward to talking with all of you!
Jessica, Nathifa, Deirdre, Jay, Lindsey, Julie, and Eve
3) As requested at the last member meeting, we will be hosting another general member meeting on January 7th. The time is TBD, so watch for emails and the website for updates.
As always, if you have any question, comments, or concerns, reach out to the executive board members by emailing email@example.com.
UAFP Executive Board